Looking for a chemical proof 1/4" T for suction side of Stenner pump for 2 5 gal pails

Sep 4, 2015
Charlotte,NC
Ive been running my Stenner for over 3+ years now and its perfect for chlorine injection. My initial setup was 2 5 gallon buckets with a T to connect and I've tried plastic 1/4"T from Lowes(melted within a day or so) and brass ones(which gummed up with green goop from reactions with chlorine) unfortunately it gummed up during a beach trip and i had a algae issue when i got back. I use about 1 gallon of 10% a day to keep FC up to 7(my CYA is 50-60) so a 5 gallon is enough for about 4-5 days. I had used the T so i had 10 gallons. Also my setup is a larger 30 gallon plastic bin, two 5 gallon buckets and the pump mounted on a board between them. Keeps the water out and works perfect except going out of town. I've looked at granger and other places and really don't want to spend $100 on a 10-15 gallon container but starting to look at that route but they need to be chlorine proof as well.

So looking for a chem proof 1/4" Tee or a cheap chlorine proof 10 gallon container. Thanks!

Hi,

We suggest using our suction/discharge tubing as it has been tested for chlorine and acid. The part number for ordering the 1/4" x 20' White is AK4002W and for the 1/4" x 20' UV Black is AK4002B. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are attaching the Basic Service Manual.

Thank you for choosing Stenner Pumps for your application.

Attachments

• Stenner Basic Service Manual.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
thanks problem is i am trying to connect 2 5 gallon buckets with a T firtting on the suction side. I am using the standard Stenner tubing but want to draw chlorine for two buckets equally. This has worked with brass fitting but gummed up with green goop and looks like it added metals to pool as i had metal staining. Either that or a cheaper 10 gallon chlorine resistant bucket.

thanks problem is i am trying to connect 2 5 gallon buckets with a T firtting on the suction side. I am using the standard Stenner tubing but want to draw chlorine for two buckets equally. This has worked with brass fitting but gummed up with green goop and looks like it added metals to pool as i had metal staining. Either that or a cheaper 10 gallon chlorine resistant bucket.

Hi,
We suggest using a 10 gallon bucket as you noted as we do not suggest using a T and drawing from 2 different buckets. I hope this will helps.

Thank you for using Stenner Pumps.

A 316 stainless will be fine. But pricey compare to plastic fittings. I just use a 15 gallon barrel and dump the chlorine in it. The suction line from the Stenner goes through the lid and i use the weighted pick up from stenner . I put a bulkhead fitting on the lid and use a 1/4" push to connect fitting that i drilled out so the 1/4" tube can be pushed through the fitting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.