Looking for a Builder in MD for IG Fiberglass

MFitz

Jun 28, 2017
Crofton, MD
Hello there, I'm new to TFP after reading some old discussion threads. We are in the budget/planning phase to begin construction by the early Spring. Wondering who built your pools in MD & when, then any other advice or insights you can offer. Right now we are between getting an in-house pool from River Pools for them to install (I don't think they install pools manufactured by other companies any longer) or a Leisure Pool. LP gave me Joyce Pools (John Joyce) as a contact, but I am not finding any reviews for him other than testimonials on his website & one I found on Facebook... odd to be in business for more than 10 yrs without any reviews. He is offering great prices on pool installation, fencing & concrete... just want to be sure we don't run into problems in the long run. So also interested in any experiences you may have had with either of these contractors.

Thanks so much for your time!
Michelle

Currently thinking about: RP Oasis 30 x 15, RP Crescent Cove 36 x 16 or LP Rivera 34 x 14.5

Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Fiberglass pools are cool - usually such a quick build that I get envious! Lol!!

I live in Texas with a gunite pool, so I'm not much help. I did a quick search using the TFP search bar at the top of the page. This 2 year old thread popped up. Maybe it will give you some leads. You can try sending a PM (private message) to the person who built the pool. Even though it's not a current thread, you never know. They might see the message. Let me know if you need help sending a note.

New Pool Build Maryland IG Fiberglass

Thanks for coming in. Browse a while - you'll be surprised how much info is here!

Take care,
Suz

I looked into getting a fiberglass pool and was impressed by River Pools last year. I spoke several times with them and they seemed very knowledgeable and honest. I also like the way they install their pools. I recommend going with a company that has a good (and verifiable) track record regarding installation. River has several helpful YouTube videos also.

Some of the other FG companies I spoke with sounded fly by night.

Yeah, Suz, I did see that thread & tried to contact one person. I think he may have a Leisure Pool that was installed by River Pools back in the day. Thanks for the welcome - this has been a very eye opening site for me to read! :) I have pool season envy for you in TX! We are hoping to get at least 4 months here in MD without a pool heater (too much $$$) if we get a mild fall. Have a great summer! Michelle

I agree, yankeelawyer, if the FG companies don't sound solid, then I read terrible reviews about the big ones who have the mentality to just make the sale then no follow through when issues arise. This is too much of an investment to not have good customer service. That's what keeps bringing us back to River Pools. I have been watching all of their videos to learn the lingo & how everything works. This will be our first pool, so I'm completely new to the whole thing. We will be making the drive to VA in a few weeks to see the River Pools, but I want to get a few more quotes before making our final decision by the end of the summer. Thanks for your insights! Take care, Michelle

We got quotes from Anthony Sylvan, Browning, Catalina and one other (forget who) and decided to go with Catalina. I am close to you in Damascus. We opted for a gunite pool but also got quotes on the fiberglass ones. Make sure to read the thread on what to ask the pool builder before you sign a contract! BTW: Browning has a "pool tour" you might want to take. Even if you are not going with them it lets you see lots of pools in the same general area to get ideas. They do a lot of fiberglass builds. Good luck!

Thanks so much, PoolGate, I will look into Browning. One of our neighbors had a terrible time with Catalina - built their pool 3 years ago & still haven't had the final inspection. So I hope you had a much better experience! Have a great holiday! :)

Thanks so much, PoolGate, I will look into Browning. One of our neighbors had a terrible time with Catalina - built their pool 3 years ago & still haven't had the final inspection. So I hope you had a much better experience! Have a great holiday! :)

Oi! Let's hope no issues. Their BBB is very mixed. Looks like it is feast or famine with them. Hopefully I will be the feast.

Leisure pools just installed our gunnite pool and opened it at the beginning of June this year. They got into arguments with the inspector and the pool should have been completed at least a month sooner but I digress. It's done and everything turned out very nice.

Good luck with Browning. Open up that bank account as they are the most costly around from my understanding. They will want you to go on one of their pool tours they do every weekend. They do good work but man are they pricey.

We are hoping to get at least 4 months here in MD without a pool heater (too much $$$) if we get a mild fall.

Certainly possible with no heater and full sun. But no cover will make it tough. Late May to late September are in play as potential swim times though a cover makes it more possible. I've also swam some days in early October covering faithfully and with some good fortune some years. Though that is with a concrete pool which may retain heat late in the season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.