Looking for a 32mm to 38mm fixing...

Rhodog2612

Apr 24, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

My name is Jay, I'm completely new to owning a pool and we currently invested in an Intex Model 28272 rectangular metal frame pool, which measures 3 x 2 x 0.75 metres, and holds around 3,834 litres of water.

At the moment, the pool has standard 32mm push-on hose fittings for the inlet and outlet for the pump filter, and I've had to buy some 32mm to 38mm adaptors to make them fit with my Intex filter pump which requires the larger hoses.

As you might be able to tell from the inside and outside photos of the fittings which I've uploaded, the holes for the pipes are quite flexible and dont have any threads, which means the pipes easily slide off unless they are tightened quite a lot with jubilee clips, and even when I do tighten them, they can start sliding off unless I prop up the pipes with a garden chair or something similar which can be quite troublesome. It would help if the flexible plastic part on the outside of the pool was threaded.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I'm not sure if this sort of fitting exists, but I want to try and find some sort of fitting that would fit into the hole and allow me to create a seal between the inside and outside, as well as add a threaded end that could be used for my pipes to screw onto. I have no idea if this sort of thing exists, or if one could be made to fit, but it would be really helpful if anyone could point me in the direction of either a device that would work, or some products I could use to make one.

I might well be taking a stab in the dark here, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks again!
Jay

It looks like you’re missing a piece. You should have a strainer like this which gets inserted from the inside of the pool:

E824502A-B4E7-4219-BCAB-432E9414940C.jpeg

The little tail on the end goes through the black rubber piece and is is hard so that when you put the hose on you can tighten the hose clamp enough that it won’t fall off. The black rubber piece isn’t going to be strong enough to hold the hose clamp on it’s own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.