Looking at semi-ingrounds and need help on liners

Kpatrick588

May 15, 2020
St. Louis
We’re doing our homework on semi-inground pools and we think we’re going to go with a Doughboy. We wondered if anyone has photos of this brand with the LINERS installed? It’s so hard to tell what they will look like in water!!! Also curious if Doughboys can take other kinds of liners- or are do they require only their own brand of liner? There aren’t many options available from what I can tell.
Thanks so much advance for any help we can get here. We’re already getting so much wonderful information and insights from reading through these forums. It’s greatly appreciated to have a site where so much honest feedback is shared!!
Kelly

Howdy!
I have a Doughboy, and my build thread is in my signature. Those pics are with the Doughboy liner.
Last summer we did a liner replacement, and ended up ordering a Swimline liner, which was quite a bit less.
After a year, here are my thoughts:
Because we also have a deep end, we needed a "deep end" liner. The original Doughboy liner was truly expandable and we had NO wrinkles.
This new liner is more "adjustable" than it is expandable. (There are wrinkles)
The wrinkles are few and far between and don't really bother me, but when it's time to do another replacement, I will probably spring for an actual Doughboy liner.
The Doughboy liner is the light blue (last pic), the Swimline liner is the dark blue (first 2 pics). I'm in the middle of a slam, so please pardon the water in the second pic.

ZOE_0011_1.jpg158984834925983925829.jpgIMAG0005.jpg
I hope this helps, and good luck!

This might help to browse liners with water =)

I'm late to the party but thought I'd still contribute.
We have a doughboy with deep end and expandable liner. Initial install was in '07 and replaced in '18. Both times with the doughboy expandable liner. We never considered anything else.
Here are pics and a video for installing an overlap expandable liner.

DSCF0848 resz.JPGDSCF0038.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.