Lonestar Fiberglass Pools

TK13LG

Mar 19, 2012
Anyone have a pool from Lonestar Fiberglass Pools? We are debating between them and Leisure pools. So far, the customer service has been much better by Lonestar. Also, the bids from both companies are about 10K apart.

I have searched the internet for reviews and such about this company. I found one topic within this site asking the same type question, but not sure which way they went. Lonestar does have a BBB rating of A+ with only 2 complaints in the last 3 years, none within the last year.

Any help would be great. I'm waiting on a return email from the company with actual references for me to call. I asked for 3 of them being their most current builds and 2 being older builds.

Thanks. We are really excited about possibly getting a pool for our family. I feel fairly confident in what I am seeing thus far from Lonestar, but would like some real customer feedback.

We did price one last year from a local builder here last year and we are in the same ballpark. I grew up with a gunite pool and really don't want to go that route. In the long term of having to resurface, the cost will be less with a fiberglass.

I'm not familiar with Lonestar FG, but we just had a Blue Hawaiian FG installed last year and are very pleased. I did evaluate Leisure and probably would have gone that direction, but they did not have a mold that met my needs.

I can vouch for the fact that going FG did not save any initial $$$ over a gunite pool - but after a ton of research, I am optimistic that the long term costs and maintenance will be much less with the FG. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: mswarny
TK13LG said:
Anyone have a pool from Lonestar Fiberglass Pools? We are debating between them and Leisure pools. So far, the customer service has been much better by Lonestar. Also, the bids from both companies are about 10K apart.

I have searched the internet for reviews and such about this company. I found one topic within this site asking the same type question, but not sure which way they went. Lonestar does have a BBB rating of A+ with only 2 complaints in the last 3 years, none within the last year.

Any help would be great. I'm waiting on a return email from the company with actual references for me to call. I asked for 3 of them being their most current builds and 2 being older builds.

What brand did you end up going with? We are in Dallas-area and looking at Viking and San Juan (because they have molds we like) but just learned about Lonestar.

I have not heard of lonestar but looked at all the others, Aloha, Viking, Blue Hawian and another that I can't remember. We finally settled on a Leisure pool since they had a better warranty (15 color and lifetime structural plus it's Transferrable in the first 5 years)
I bought direct from the distributor in St. Louis, MO. He and his crew showed up, dug the hole and set the pool level. I did everything else (through multiple calls and pics back to him) He was completely professional and extremely helpful! I saved over 10k on the shell alone. Local dealers were only interested in selling what they had in stock.
The PBs locally wanted close to 75k with bottom end equipment, no automation or SCG. I'm in for less than 25K total. Yes, my body is killing me! Haven't shoveled that much dirt and gravel in 40 years. I would do it all again if I ever move.

4knights said:
I have not heard of lonestar but looked at all the others, Aloha, Viking, Blue Hawian and another that I can't remember. We finally settled on a Leisure pool since they had a better warranty (15 color and lifetime structural plus it's Transferrable in the first 5 years)
I bought direct from the distributor in St. Louis, MO. He and his crew showed up, dug the hole and set the pool level. I did everything else (through multiple calls and pics back to him) He was completely professional and extremely helpful! I saved over 10k on the shell alone. Local dealers were only interested in selling what they had in stock.
The PBs locally wanted close to 75k with bottom end equipment, no automation or SCG. I'm in for less than 25K total. Yes, my body is killing me! Haven't shoveled that much dirt and gravel in 40 years. I would do it all again if I ever move.

Impressive DIY. My body hurts just reading your post. Congrats!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
any updates on this thread? I actually just bought a lonestar pool today from them and they are installing it in 2 weeks. I can't find much negative about them on the web (or positive for that matter).

As this thread is almost 3 years old, I'm hoping there is more info now? How did it work out for you TK13LG? Any pics now that it's been in the ground a few years?

Dan

We considered them at first when we visited their small location just outside of San Antonio, but we later went with a different company. There were two things that basically changed my mind:
1 - The saleswoman said all their pumps are wired for 220V. I didn't think much of it until later when I found many others that have pumps at your standard 110V. So I was energy conscious I guess.
2 - Their show location just wasn't all that nice here. We went to a San Antonio Home & Garden show and hit it off with a company there - liked what we saw and heard.

Not to say there's anything negative about Lonestar at all. This was just our experience at one local dealer. The pool itself may be just fine. Honestly, I think most the pools are structurally made well, its the installation that will bite you in the rear (plumbing, level, electrical, etc). As far as fiberglass goes, I am very pleased with the look and low maintenance required. If you have any other questions, hit me up with a PN and I'll try to help. I wish you the best of luck! Post pics later. Mine are below.

Thanks... they actually told me the same thing about the pumps being 220V. Looking at the Pentair Superflow Pumps they provide, there are 110V and 220V models, but the 220V models draw way less current (as I recall), so the energy bill should actually be a little lower. Getting a high efficiency 2 speed pump helps a lot too (or so I've read).

The only real reason I went with Lonestar was that I was able to get a great deal on a pool that was purchased by someone else and then the buyer backed out (so it's been on their lot for a couple of months). I'm guessing that I'm saving about $10,000 by going this route.

I hope it works out (especially because I've already paid for it)!

Dan

Lonestar installed the pool earlier this week... other than being very late on the first day (they said it would only take them one day to do it all), everything went well. They ended up showing up around 1pm on Monday (were supposed to be there early am) and ended up leaving about 9pm that night... two of the same guys came back out the next day (early this time) and finished up about 3pm (they would have been done earlier, but it kept raining on them). It took 2 days to fill the pool with the hose, but last night it was full and I couldn't keep the kids out of it! It was a bit messy without the concrete decking in yet, but I can vacuum it up without issue. I'll be finishing the electrical (lights, automation, etc.) this weekend and hopefully the concrete people can get started in a week or so. I'll try to upload pics to my profile...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.