Local pool store loaned me a M400...

Tlh325

Apr 19, 2017
Silver Creek
I must say I was excited about trying a robot. I have a polaris 380, and want to shoot it most days. They told me it's the one to buy(the m400).. I have to say, I'm quite disappointed. It misses the right corner of the shallow end every time I run it. Just a plain 18x36 rectangle pool. Nothing fancy. You'd think a 1400 dollar robot would clean the entire pool esp on a 3 hr cycle. Is this normal? I don't know what to do? It's not much better than the 380. Besides the power consumption..

Do they have an S series they can loan you? I honestly think the M series is overkill for any but the deepest residential pools.

Is there anything odd about that corner shape? Is it curved a bit or is it a sharp orthogonal corner?

Do they have an S series they can loan you? I honestly think the M series is overkill for any but the deepest residential pools.

Is there anything odd about that corner shape? Is it curved a bit or is it a sharp orthogonal corner?
Its really on the floor away from the corner angle. Here you can see the pile of silt and dirt. I've ran it through probably 10 cycles since I've had it (since Friday), and it hit this area 1 time. I really like the look of the warrior se/s200. My pool is standard rectangle, 8ft deep 3 ft shallow. I was trying to work a deal with Lps, trading my 380 and booster pump towards a robotic.

Attachments

• 20200601_193922.jpg
    20200601_193922.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 7
I’m not as familiar with the M series filter. In the S series you can use ultra fine pleated filter inserts and the filter will catch very fine silt. I have a picture of it in a link in my signature. If you just use the coarse screens, fine sand and silt will fly right through it. Are the filters in that M series for fine particulates?

I’m not as familiar with the M series filter. In the S series you can use ultra fine pleated filter inserts and the filter will catch very fine silt. I have a picture of it in a link in my signature. If you just use the coarse screens, fine sand and silt will fly right through it. Are the filters in that M series for fine particulates?
It has the fine media filters in it. It's not going into that corner area. Consistently misses that area.

Strange that it won’t go to that corner. My S series traverses my entire pool and rarely misses a spot. There’s the occasional leaf it seems to chance around like a cat with fuzzy ball but that’s easy enough to scoop out with a net.

I guess you could go back to the pool store, show them the pictures and let them know you weren't satisfied with it but would like to demo a different model ?‍♂️ Maybe see if they have an S series to let you try out. The S series uses a combination of jetted side thrusts during a reverse motion to cause it to turn 90 degrees as well as using wall climbing to alter direction. That is unlike the M series which uses a split track drive to make a zero-radius turn. Perhaps the difference in turn style and the S-series use of more wall climbing might make a difference.

I agree with matt it should do a better job, maybe something is wrong with their demo model?
I have the warrior SE and it does a great job. Its not perfect at getting stuff off the steps, may take 2 cycles but I like it a lot.

I talked to a guy who has a almost brand new C4. Made me a good price on it. What yall think?
Don’t know a lot about the C4 but seems common to steal them and make up a story about why they want to sell it.
“ grandma fell in the pool so we are filling it and selling the cleaner”
If they have a receipt and you can test it and get a good price may work out.
Not sure about warranty

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I talked to Marina Friday I forgot to mention. I had them put me an invoice together. I haven't paid yet because I was trying to shop local, but my lps has the s200 for 850. He said he would give me some credit for my 380 polaris, but I'm thinking Marina and the warrior Se is still the way to go. And Ebay my 380 and booster pump. Opinions?

I talked to Marina Friday I forgot to mention. I had them put me an invoice together. I haven't paid yet because I was trying to shop local, but my lps has the s200 for 850. He said he would give me some credit for my 380 polaris, but I'm thinking Marina and the warrior Se is still the way to go. And Ebay my 380 and booster pump. Opinions?
I gave my 360 to a local member here :) May try Craig’s list of next door?

I have the SE and like it, FYI Pentair has been picky on rebates but still $699 with no rebate is cheaper the $850 with a rebate unless they will give you $100 for Polaris. Can’t hurt to ask

So I went back to lps today to return the demo m400. They sold me a m200 for 700 with the trade of my polaris. So I guess it's all good. It looks to be the same thing as a nautilus cc plus. But the m200 has a 3 year warranty. Which is a plus. Plus the rebate puts me below 700. He didn't charge me tax either.

Reactions: markayash
So I went back to lps today to return the demo m400. They sold me a m200 for 700 with the trade of my polaris. So I guess it's all good. It looks to be the same thing as a nautilus cc plus. But the m200 has a 3 year warranty. Which is a plus. Plus the rebate puts me below 700. He didn't charge me tax either.
Hopefully it will get all the problem area's :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.