Liquidator Question?

May 16, 2013
Barto, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been running a Liquidator for several years. I clean the tank out each season however the throughput seems to slow each year. It really can't keep up with the. chlorine requirements. The pool is 32,000-gallon gunite/cement. The flow is 70gpm and I run the pump from 6AM to 6PM. I have seen upgrade kits for the Liquidator to go to3/8 tubing, I believe mine is 1/4. The kits I see just show a shut-off valve, 2-check valves, and 2 fittings. Two questions:
  1. Does the upgrade really help?
  2. If upgrading what about the fittings on the tank and the flow meter that are all 1/4 inch?
Regards,

Cal Settle

I have the 3/8" upgrade, and I think it's a worthwhile improvement. If you don't have one already, I would strongly recommend buying a needle valve to replace the standard shutoff valve.

I didn't have any problems attaching the tubing to the tank or flow meter.

Reactions: calsettle
I have the 3/8" upgrade, and I think it's a worthwhile improvement. If you don't have one already, I would strongly recommend buying a needle valve to replace the standard shutoff valve.

I didn't have any problems attaching the tubing to the tank or flow meter.
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try the 3/8 upgrade and see how well that works.

Regards,

Cal Settle

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.