Liquidator float valves freezing

May 24, 2010
Dallas, TX
Never used to have the problem, and have had the Liquidator in place for over 2 years. I switched (temporarily) to 10% bleach from 6%, but still filled based on how much chlorine I put in (either 3 128oz 6% jugs or 2 1gal 10% jugs), and within a few weeks, check valves clogged, and just removed them period. Flowmeter completely clogged with white stuff, and once hitting it didn't free it up anymore, chucked that as well (I effectively know my flow rate by appropriate setting of the cutoff valves as well as monitoring of levels in the LQ). But now, the float valves are freezing, and once I had an overflow (my inlet was faster than the outlet) when the inlet float froze, and I've been pumping air a few times when the outlet float froze. It's not a slow build-up over time either, as after the first time they both froze at the same time, I soaked them both in 20% acid for 10 minutes until they were completely clean.

The outlet froze again this morning, within a week of that clean-off. I'm running the 3/8" conversion. Has anyone replace the floats with something made of a material that might not allow as much calcium to deposit? I"m a believer, possibly to a fault, and want to make this work. Will go back in tonight to check, but I'm fairly certain last time the problem was where the edges of the square piece (that holds the rubber stopper) is stuck on the inside side faces of the bracket (as opposed to the actual pivot points), and if so, I might see if those square piece edges can be shaved down to give more clearance to allow for buildup.

Anyone else with this specific issue, and any specific solutions?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.