BuckeyeMan

Sep 17, 2021
Maricopa, Az
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have about 1/3 of gallon of liquid stabilizer, but I have lived here for two years, and this was left by previous owner. I imagine it is probably no good, but because of the current price of liquid stabilizer, want others opinions whether I can still use this. I am in Arizona, so this has sat in garage in heat and cold for who knows how long before I bought house 2 years ago. The product is Natural Chemistry Instant Pool Water Conditioner , Easy pour liquid stabilizer, and the printed number on bottle is # 0282022. I believe this is the same stuff that Leslie's sells, but when I asked about the expiration number on it, they didn't know what to say. Should I use, and if so, do I just pour in skimmer basket?

If you can get it out of the bottle, it is fine. Do not pour into the pool. Pour it into the skimmer, slowly, or into a skimmer sock.

Reactions: Mdragger88
If you have wiggle room with your target, it doesn't go bad. But the problem with the sludgy bottom of the liquid CYA, is that you don't know that the 1/3 jug has 3/4 of the whole gallons CYA in it. Adding the whole gallon is easy to track. Anything less is a guess at best.

However, 3/4 of the CYA in the full bottle would get you 20 CYA, so at worst, the 1/3 will still be Ok this time. Rinse and swish the bottle as many times as you need to get it all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.