Liquid Stabilizer

BoilerSim

Gold Supporter
Apr 22, 2019
Winter Garden, FL
I’ve been using liquid stabilizer for most of the past six months since our pool was completed. I’m perhaps the least patient person in the world, so have found it much easier and have been willing to stomach the increased cost.

That said, I’m trying to get a sense for how much addition is generally considered normal. I’ve found that I’m adding a gallon per month on average since July 1 to keep CYA around 70-80. According to pool math, that’d imply I’m losing about 38 ppm per month naturally. I believe I’ve read on here that warmer water can break down CYA a bit, and being in Central Florida our pool can be anywhere from 83 - 88 degrees this time of year. We do get a fair amount of rain as well.

Curious if anyone has a sense for if this is normal. Thanks!

bvacchiano.
That math doesn't work. CYA down from 80 to 30 is a 64% reduction. That means that your pool had 64% of it's pool water replaced. The average depth of most pools is most always surprisingly close to about 4 feet so that would mean you overflowed 32" of pool water when you got 12" of rain.

Have to add an inch of water maybe every two weeks if we don’t get normal rains, but would think that’s pretty typical evaporation.
boilersim, I agree that normal evaporation can account for that. The next logical conclusion is that you have some testing errors. There are thousands of pools in central Florida that do not experience that kind of loss and I can think of no other explanation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.