Liquid stabilizer-how quickly can I test.

Vesuvius

Bronze Supporter
Jan 30, 2023
St. Louis/MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm using Natural Chemistry Instant Conditioner (liquid) and can't seem to find a clear answer here on the recommended time gap between application and testing. Everything I see is relative to solid stabilizer via the sock method. I immediately brushed the amounts on the bottom after application and could no longer see any evidence of it very, very quickly (well less than an hour).

Thanks!

If you used the entire jug (& rinsed it well in the pool) you can go ahead & chlorinate according to the FC/CYA Levels assuming that amount is in there.
PoolMath says a gal. should raise cya by 13ppm in your pool.
IMG_0139.jpeg
If you used less than a gallon you may get wonky results as it likes to stick to the bottle.
so its always recommended to use the whole thing or sticking with granular if you need less.

Reactions: Vesuvius
If you used the entire jug (& rinsed it well in the pool) you can go ahead & chlorinate according to the FC/CYA Levels assuming that amount is in there.
View attachment 575119
If you used less than a gallon you may get wonky results as it likes to stick to the bottle.
so its always recommended to use the whole thing or sticking with granular if you need less.
Thanks, yes, I did that yesterday and it's now been 22 hrs and my SLAM process appears to have been successful (0.5 FC loss overnight; 0.0-0.5 consistent CC readings, water is clear), so I think I'm ready to take CYA up to 70 maintenance level. But don't want to overshoot that, so wanted to make sure I'm not too early to get a good quality current state test result.

Reactions: Mdragger88
View attachment 575119
By the way, I now fully understand what you're saying re: the sticky liquid. It's weird cause I bought 6 gallons of the Natural Chemistry stuff and the 1st 2 jugs I used at opening were well mixed and came out just fine as a liquid with very, very little residual left in the bottom after just shaking and pouring. I thought, "what's the big deal?" But today was a completely different story, where all 3 jugs contained stuff so thick I could barely get it to come out of the jugs even with squeezing them like a toothpaste tube, repeatedly mixing water into the jug, shaking it, etc. Was a huge pain. No idea how the consistency could be so wildly different within 1 purchase from the same manufacturer.

I can only assume it gets more globby as it sits perhaps?
Its so pricey I have never used it. But there are many reports of this globbing problem.

Reactions: Vesuvius