Liquid chlorine

Russo221

Jun 8, 2016
Parlin , new Jersey
Question.... I'm going to start putting chlorine in at night instead of the morning I know that you at least have to run the filter an hour and a half when pouring it at night. My question is once I pour it in can I put the solar cover on? Or do I have to leave it off during the process?

When you add chlorine, it doesn't need 1.5 hours to mix. With the pump on and good circulation, about 15 minutes should do fine. Leave it running for 30 min if you want, but no need to run it any longer. After it has mixed, go ahead and put the cover on if you wish.

Any specific reason to either not cover right after adding LC nor add LC while covered?
I do the later sometimes….

I add liquid chlorine with my cover on. I just lift the area in front of the return and pour it in- recover when done. I’ve had my cover for 7 years. There might be some wear and tear from it but we don’t use the pool every day so it would be a huge pain to take cover off the add chlorine.

So I have a question. Why is everyone using liquid chlorine now? Is it because you can't get tablets or shock or what? Just really curious. Is it better? Do you not leave a floating deal in it with tabs no more?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.