Liquid chlorine

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I bought 10 extra gallons of liquid Chlorine from pool store. The good news is I’m done slamming. I have a swg so except for slamming, I have no need for extra chlorine. The pool store won’t let me return. How long would it last, be stable in its container? It’s possible I get an algae outbreak durning season but rare. Would it last til next season, one year from now?

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
It won't be as potent in a year....more like 6 months and you can still get a lot of good from it.

Importantly, store it out of the sunlight and the coolest place you can find. I would consider shutting off the SWG (or maybe dialing it wa-a-ay back) and using the chlorine to supplement.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
The strength of the chlorine will decline over time. If it is 10% each gallon raises your water 5ppm. If you don’t use it by the end of the season I would use it to SLAM Process your pool before closing.

Reactions: jmsilhy

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
...I have a swg so except for slamming, I have no need for extra chlorine....
Don't count on that. If you intend to have a pool party, you'll see a spike in demand. And that's not just kids. You'll want to bump the FC a couple ppm before the party and probably again immediately after people get out for the night. You'll use it.

Reactions: JoeSelf
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.