Liquid chlorine

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I bought 10 extra gallons of liquid Chlorine from pool store. The good news is I’m done slamming. I have a swg so except for slamming, I have no need for extra chlorine. The pool store won’t let me return. How long would it last, be stable in its container? It’s possible I get an algae outbreak durning season but rare. Would it last til next season, one year from now?

It won't be as potent in a year....more like 6 months and you can still get a lot of good from it.

Importantly, store it out of the sunlight and the coolest place you can find. I would consider shutting off the SWG (or maybe dialing it wa-a-ay back) and using the chlorine to supplement.

The strength of the chlorine will decline over time. If it is 10% each gallon raises your water 5ppm. If you don’t use it by the end of the season I would use it to SLAM Process your pool before closing.

Reactions: jmsilhy
...I have a swg so except for slamming, I have no need for extra chlorine....
Don't count on that. If you intend to have a pool party, you'll see a spike in demand. And that's not just kids. You'll want to bump the FC a couple ppm before the party and probably again immediately after people get out for the night. You'll use it.

Reactions: JoeSelf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.