Liquid chlorine

I have been adding liquid bleach to keep chlorine levels for a couple years. This year (as usual) spring start has been rough. My question mostly has to do with bleach itself. I’m suspecting that the off brand bleach (from Smart and Final) May not be the best quality. I tried testing with the simple chlorine test (the ph/chlorine two sided one) about 1/2 pool water and 1/2 bleach. I expected super yellow mixture, but got coaglated red floating particles in clear liquid. Does this mean the bleach might be bad (stored incorrectly)? Or is that what happens with super concentrated liquid when tested using that method?

Welcome to the forum!
You cannot test the FC of that high of concentration. The bleach is most likely 6% so even diluting it 1/2 water would still be 30000 ppm.

Most bleach has the concentration on it. If not, it is 6% or less.

I suggest you try Walmart for Pool Essentials 10% liquid chlorine. Or see if a local pool store sells liquid chlorine in bulk.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.