Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi,

Last season, the pool calculator showed to add 750ml of chlorine per 1 FC. For some odd reason, this year every time I try to add 750ml of liquid chlorine I don't get 1 FC. I need to add much more. Any ideas if this is algea or weak chlorine?

thank you

It all depends on what strength liquid chlorine you're using. Are you using the PoolMath app at the top of this page?? The old Pool Calculator program was abandoned by the owner years ago and is not up to speed anymore. We've been using PoolMath since.

Maddie :flower:

Hi,

Last season, the pool calculator showed to add 750ml of chlorine per 1 FC. For some odd reason, this year every time I try to add 750ml of liquid chlorine I don't get 1 FC. I need to add much more. Any ideas if this is algea or weak chlorine?

thank you
As mentioned, how much you add depends on the strength of the bleach

For 1ppm of FC in a 23K gallon pool:

24oz of 12.5%
29oz of 10%
34oz od 8.25%
48oz of 6%

Next time you add chlorine, test after the pump has been running 15-20 minutes and see if you are reaching your target.

If you want to rule out algae, perform the OCLT.

https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/136-perform-the-overnight-fc-chlorine-loss-test-oclt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.