Bwdonohues58

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 22, 2019
Homer, AK
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I finally found a source for Liquid chlorine here in Alaska. It's in 1 gallon jugs, 12.5%, 4 jugs per carton. I purchased 8 cartons yesterday and it will be delivered Friday. It's at Alaska Pure Water Products in Anchorage. It's sort of a pool store that will also deliver drinking water to businesses. They are charging me $59.95 per carton, or $15.00 per gallon. The last time I bought Chlorine, it was from Ace Hardware here in Homer: HTH- 10%, one gallon jugs for $7.99 per jug, 4 jugs per carton. I feel that I am being ripped off but really have nowhere else to go. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a shortage of LC and/or a similar price increase?

• Wow
Reactions: markayash
Definitely prices have increased in the Lower 48. Leslie's pool store sells the 12.5% in a 4 gal carton as what you are getting. It was $17 + tax last year and is now $22+tax. I went yesterday and they were out but expect shipment this week.
Obviously your costs include significant amount for shipping costs as well. I feel bad for you to pay over $15 a gallon.
Do you only use LC for partial time as I see you have a Spectra Light UV and Clear Comfort APO - not sure what all that is.

If u could add your source to the chlorine finder tool it will help others who may be in your area.

I haven't priced them lately..... must go check....Hmmmm... I paid $1400 for my Compupool (installed) for 36kgallons 10 years ago. I can replace that will a Circupool RJ-45 for $1395. today at Discount Salt Pool. Of course this is a self install price but its not hard at all, right?

That doesn't sound too shabby to me?

Last edited:
Don't know. On eBay, they have 12.5% Chlorine for over $16.00 per gallon. It does say free shipping, but to AK? Dream on. I think that when the supply thing gets back on track, the price will come back to planet earth. I tried to add the source here in AK to the Find Chlorine link but it wouldn't accept my zip code. I use about 1-½ gallons per week so these 32 gallons should last me for about 5 more months.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.