Bwdonohues58

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 22, 2019
Homer, AK
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I finally found a source for Liquid chlorine here in Alaska. It's in 1 gallon jugs, 12.5%, 4 jugs per carton. I purchased 8 cartons yesterday and it will be delivered Friday. It's at Alaska Pure Water Products in Anchorage. It's sort of a pool store that will also deliver drinking water to businesses. They are charging me $59.95 per carton, or $15.00 per gallon. The last time I bought Chlorine, it was from Ace Hardware here in Homer: HTH- 10%, one gallon jugs for $7.99 per jug, 4 jugs per carton. I feel that I am being ripped off but really have nowhere else to go. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a shortage of LC and/or a similar price increase?

• Wow
Reactions: markayash

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Definitely prices have increased in the Lower 48. Leslie's pool store sells the 12.5% in a 4 gal carton as what you are getting. It was $17 + tax last year and is now $22+tax. I went yesterday and they were out but expect shipment this week.
Obviously your costs include significant amount for shipping costs as well. I feel bad for you to pay over $15 a gallon.
Do you only use LC for partial time as I see you have a Spectra Light UV and Clear Comfort APO - not sure what all that is.

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
If u could add your source to the chlorine finder tool it will help others who may be in your area.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I haven't priced them lately..... must go check....Hmmmm... I paid $1400 for my Compupool (installed) for 36kgallons 10 years ago. I can replace that will a Circupool RJ-45 for $1395. today at Discount Salt Pool. Of course this is a self install price but its not hard at all, right?

That doesn't sound too shabby to me?

Last edited:

Bwdonohues58

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 22, 2019
Homer, AK
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Don't know. On eBay, they have 12.5% Chlorine for over $16.00 per gallon. It does say free shipping, but to AK? Dream on. I think that when the supply thing gets back on track, the price will come back to planet earth. I tried to add the source here in AK to the Find Chlorine link but it wouldn't accept my zip code. I use about 1-½ gallons per week so these 32 gallons should last me for about 5 more months.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread