Liquid chlorine getting hard to find

Jun 20, 2017
NorthEast Texas
Hi everyone, well apparently our local Walmarts have decided that since it's Fall, they won't be stocking their liquid chlorine. We are east of Dallas and have several Walmart stores nearby. This is my first year to use the TFP methods-so is this an issue that happens each year?
Any other liquid chlorines out there that are 10% and reasonably priced?

This brings up an interesting potential problem. As with everything else supply and demand... with more people using the TFP method bleach/ liquid chlorine, I foresee paying $9.00 for a gallon of bleach at Walmart. Possible? :mad:

This brings up an interesting potential problem. As with everything else supply and demand... with more people using the TFP method bleach/ liquid chlorine, I foresee paying $9.00 for a gallon of bleach at Walmart. Possible? :mad:

LOL...no, not possible! I would imagine the % of bleach sales that walmart makes to pool owners, compared to people using it for traditional laundry/cleaning purposes is very small and the conventional bleach users (esp those that typically shop at walmart) wouldn't pay that price, or anything close to it. Besides, as much as I and everyone on this site love it, I think you may also be overestimating the % of pool owners that know about/subscribe to the 'TFP way'. :)

Hi everyone, well apparently our local Walmarts have decided that since it's Fall, they won't be stocking their liquid chlorine. We are east of Dallas and have several Walmart stores nearby. This is my first year to use the TFP methods-so is this an issue that happens each year?
Any other liquid chlorines out there that are 10% and reasonably priced?

Same here. Happened last year, too. Used the Pool Essentials 2-packs 10% until they ran out for the season, then I just switched over to the Great Value 8.25% bleach. Just remember to change the value in pool math - you'll use a little more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I live in the Dallas area and when I do a search their site says there's no stores within 100 miles that stock this product.

I know the Dallas area store on Lemmon Ave had it in stock about month ago but maybe due to the hurricane or seasonal stocking changes it's gone now. Sorry.

I buy it year 'round here in Phoenix at the HD in Mesa. I bought four gallons last night with a date code of Aug 24th so quite fresh too.

Same here. Happened last year, too. Used the Pool Essentials 2-packs 10% until they ran out for the season, then I just switched over to the Great Value 8.25% bleach. Just remember to change the value in pool math - you'll use a little more.

Same thing I do every year. And sometimes i DO remember to change pool math.
Laundry bleach is usually fresh.
Most of the Dollar Store stuff is old

I noticed Walmart didn't put the 10% on rollback this year. Last year I got mine at Rural King. This year, they were trying to sell last year's stock at the start of the season. I didn't go back. Sometimes Ollie's has it, but it's two towns over, I didn't get there to check, so I just bought it at Walmart. Their 8.25% seems to run about the same price as the 10% around here.

Thanks everyone! I will check out Lowes and HD. Guess if I need to, the regular laundry bleach will have to do. Our pool is on the large side though, so that will mean buying more product. Also, I will definitely check out the Hasa pool site and see if they are nearby!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.