Liquid Chlorine/ But green tint

Many members on here have installed peristaltic pumps. If you do a search above for "stenner" you will find quite a few threads. Stenner is a brand name for a peristaltic pump just like Aquasol. Most of the stenner systems were self installed by the member. The 10 gallon a day pump seems to be sized right for most home owners. If you have a 60k gallon pool, then you might want to consider a larger version. Do not rely on any ORP probe to control the chlorine feed. You need to test and manually adjust the feed rate yourself.

You should price out a SWG as well to see how it compares.

Well didn't get a chance to get over and test yesterday afternoon. This mornings partial test results
FC 7
CC 0
PH 7.6
CYA 70-75

Pool is clear, backwashed and rinsed this morning, then just added more problems-water was low so put 2" hose in pool to add some water to make sure water level doesnt go below skimmer before I can get back there, well went home got ready for work and went to work- left hose in pool - water all the way to top edge-ooops- maybe I can get my CYA down a little-looking for the positive.

Less than a week later pool is crystal clear. Saturday people started swimming again, tested after the day was over.
FC- 3.5
CC- 0
CYA- 60
PH- 8

Added acid and bleach to bring levels to recommended levels. Also downloaded POOL MATH so, hopefully I can stay on top of this.

Thanks everyone

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Great! Just be careful. Your FC of 3.5ppm is below the minimum of 5 and algae could re-take hold. See:

You will want to test daily and add enough liquid chlorine to get back to FC of 9ppm every day. As time goes on you will learn how much your pool takes, and can cut back on the testing, but you will still need to add daily to make up for the UV losses. Don't let it get below 5!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.