Liquid chlorine auto feed blocked by white powder

AJB1234

Gold Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Newport Beach, CA
Hi. I've successfully used my sense and dispense auto chlorinator for 5 years and now the line constantly gets blocked by what looks like wet baking soda. When I clear the line and the entire pathway (tube, injector (taken apart and cleaned)), it works for a few days until it gets clogged again. Does something happen to the chlorine tank over time that requires cleaning or what is causing this?

Thank you!

Hi. I've successfully used my sense and dispense auto chlorinator for 5 years and now the line constantly gets blocked by what looks like wet baking soda. When I clear the line and the entire pathway (tube, injector (taken apart and cleaned)), it works for a few days until it gets clogged again. Does something happen to the chlorine tank over time that requires cleaning or what is causing this?

Thank you!

The liquid chlorine tank needs to be periodically dumped and cleaned with fresh water. Liquid chlorine has salt in it from the manufacturing process and if you keep just topping off the chlorine in the tank, it will eventually concentrate enough salt that it will precipitate out of solution.

I suggest you empty the system, take all of the tubing apart, replace any old or damaged tubes and rinse everything with clean water.

I have 4 gallons of chlorine in the tank. Is it salvageable for reuse or must I throw it away since too much salt is already mixed in with it?

Maybe I could just add it manually to the pool? Is extra salt in the pool ok in terms of calcium?

If you are safely able to use it to manually chlorinate, then by all means use it. The excess salt does not matter to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.