New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi Everyone- My pool is opening today here in NJ and and a cold front is coming my way after tomorrow. I currently have a dummy pipe in place of my SWG, question is- should I put in my SWG and let the liquid chlorine run through? Any harm there? Weather temps are looking better next week and hopefully I can start generating next week.

Hey JJ !!! Liquid chlorine is your go-to backup and harmless across the board to your SWG system. If the system isn’t working due to your water temps, or you need a boost of FC for a party or after a really hot day, Pour away the old fashioned way.

If anything it will help you appreciate the SWG even MORE once it goes back to doing it’s thing uneventfully.

Reactions: jason.jammer
Just be sure to add the liquid chlorine to the pool in front of a return and not into the skimmer. Pouring into the skimmer isn't good for the equipment.

Reactions: jason.jammer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.