Liner wrinkles during install...need expert verdict!

If it were me personally,

I’d get a clean plunger and try to work one of the wrinkles out. If you’re able to work one out you know the other will also likely come out. From there I personally would negotiate a discount from the owner knowing I’d be able to complete the job myself.

BTW I expect the owner to make this right - so I would not stress too much until you talk to him - but your expectations are for it to be fixed by them or for them to cover the costs of it being fixed. If they claim the liner was not cut properly then they should take that up with the manufacturer (I assume this company facilitated that order?).

If it were me personally,

I’d get a clean plunger and try to work one of the wrinkles out. If you’re able to work one out you know the other will also likely come out. From there I personally would negotiate a discount from the owner knowing I’d be able to complete the job myself.
I would not touch it until i know what the company is willing to do - you don't want them claiming you impacted the liner. I would wait for them to offer a remedy. The owner is the only person that is going to offer the best that they can do. I would never contract with this company if I saw these pics on Yelp or Google so I would say there is a fair degree of leverage here. Just keep it polite but firm and OP should be fine.

Reactions: Snoobug
Just keep it polite but firm and OP should be fine.
+1000. This gets lost in frustration far too often. You can be firm as a rock without being a jerk, or making it personal by insulting the PB.
‘ I understand things happen. They clearly happened here. Now, fix it.’

• Love
Reactions: Leebo
OK we have an August update! The pool company finally came out and resolved the issue. The pool had to be almost fully drained and the vacuum run again while they smoothed the wrinkles out. It looks very good to me, I don't see any issues using the pool light visual inspection test. The pool company arranged for a water truck to refill at no additional cost to me. Earlier in the season they also installed a track lock system to deal with the liner pops, again at no additional cost.

20210813_051438.jpg

So glad to see u got a resolution! Everything doesn’t always go perfect everytime with most businesses.
How the business owner handles mistakes is just as important as their other qualities.
Happy to hear they made it right.

So glad to see u got a resolution! Everything doesn’t always go perfect everytime with most businesses.
How the business owner handles mistakes is just as important as their other qualities.
Happy to hear they made it right.
Agreed! I did have to wait until mid-August here to get everything resolved. They were clearly prioritizing other projects over mine. While my pool was usable the whole time, I'm not sure how to feel about that. This has been hanging over my head all summer with very little in the way of reassurances that it was going (or even possible) to be resolved. Eventually they just randomly showed up and started working on it after I hounded them again and again. The silver lining there I guess is I consider August to be the start of the warranty period.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.