Liner tight in corners...

Canada14

May 8, 2020
Canada
Hello everyone,

I am new to this thread and also new to inground pools but thought I would reach out. I live in Canada and we bought a house that has an inground pool. We just had some construction done on one of the walls (shallow wall) as it was in terrible shape.With the construction being done we drained the pool to So that the shallow end was empty and took some of the liner off so the construction company could repair the wall. However now that it’s fixed and we put the liner back on there’s a wrinkle and as we are filling it back up this is what we see. The one corner appears tighter than the other. Should we be worried about the corners and walls? Will the water push/stretch the liner back into place on the walls?

thank you

Attachments

• 2C936D28-0606-4144-8E60-D6C8AC183B13.jpeg
    2C936D28-0606-4144-8E60-D6C8AC183B13.jpeg
    756 KB · Views: 34
How old is the actual liner? It could have shrunk when you removed the water.

drop the water,
put a vacuum on to suck the liner back into place.
put a mat in the corner and a 5 gallon bucket of water on top.
the bucket will hold the liner tight in the corner, until the water fills the pool.

doug

How old is the actual liner? It could have shrunk when you removed the water.
Hello Casey, thanks for responding :) the liner is 7 years old. We had the pool company over and they stated to continue filling in the hot weather and the liner should stretch out. The water is about a foot now and the corners are still tight. I’m in panic mode ?

Hello Casey, thanks for responding :) the liner is 7 years old. We had the pool company over and they stated to continue filling in the hot weather and the liner should stretch out. The water is about a foot now and the corners are still tight. I’m in panic mode ?
I think your liner has unfortunately seen its life. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.