Liner tear - Help Please

Jul 11, 2012
SE Georgia
We have a small tear on my top step. (Vinyl covered steps.)

I am having some major issues trying to patch it because of the position and the fact that I can not keep pressure on it.

We're looking at getting a new liner since this one is 9 years old but it could be a month or two before it arrives. We're losing a significant amount of water (around 3/4in per day) because of it.

Any advice on how to patch it?

PXL_20230422_212306268~2.jpg

We have a small tear on my top step. (Vinyl covered steps.)

I am having some major issues trying to patch it because of the position and the fact that I can not keep pressure on it.

We're looking at getting a new liner since this one is 9 years old but it could be a month or two before it arrives. We're losing a significant amount of water (around 3/4in per day) because of it.

Any advice on how to patch it?

View attachment 491617

Thank you all! Unfortunately its not flat enough to weigh it down. I spoke with a pool guy and he said fill the pool up until it is right at the top and put some of the flex tape or something like that on it so it will have additional pressure until it cures. I'm going to try it.

Although, I did find out Sunday that the step is not the primary leak. The primary leak is actually the conduit behind my light. I'm trying to find some type of underwater sealant that I can use around the cable to stop the leak. I bought some pool puddy epoxy because I thought the leak was where the pipe came into the niche but it appears after putting in the puddy that the die is actually going into the pipe. Suggestions welcome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.