Liner risk with draining to relevel

Jun 11, 2017
Washington
New install of above ground, metal wall 21x54 pool. We started to fill and we have just shy of a 2” variance. Pool has 20” of water in it, so less than half full. I’m not finding solid facts on how much water to drain to try and level a couple uprights, or how long that water can be out before causing liner damage. Is there a minimum water level we should retain?

This new into the fill with a new pool it hasn't really settled yet, so you have time. Bets to remove enough water to safely adjust the supports as needed. The liner should be fine.
We removed it today. The pool store guy said remove and bring the liner indoors, reinstall on a sunny day. With work schedules it will be about 3-4 days before we get this spot leveled and liner back in. To say I’m worried is an understatement!

Reactions: Texas Splash
To piggyback, i drained my year-old pool because of too much CYA and algae. Mostly finished last night, need to go back in tonight to wipe up algae with bleach and towels, unless someone has a better idea. I am worried because we have water restrictions and I may only be able to put in a little tonight if at all and my next water day is Sunday.

It is hot and dry here. I do have cantilevered umbrellas I can deploy. Will any of this keep the liner from being damaged?

Thank you. I finished cleaning it a little early so I hope to get a foot or two at least and may sneak in a little more on my restricted days.

I wa trying to convince myself it wouldn't hurt to be dry for a few days because the upper part of the liner varies having water and not as the level changes and it lasts but I'd rather not take chances.

To piggyback, i drained my year-old pool because of too much CYA and algae. Mostly finished last night, need to go back in tonight to wipe up algae with bleach and towels, unless someone has a better idea. I am worried because we have water restrictions and I may only be able to put in a little tonight if at all and my next water day is Sunday.

It is hot and dry here. I do have cantilevered umbrellas I can deploy. Will any of this keep the liner from being damaged?
Intex liner can take more "abuse" than a steel wall type pool liner. don't leave it out for weeks, but it should be fine.

Holding my breath, but I believe we made it. Day 3 of filling after having the liner out and in the shed for 9 days. I’ve only been filling during the hottest part of the day and today I reached the point we can do the skimmer.

Will be soooo glad when this is over. The random noises coming from the pool as it fills, the constant checking the liner to make sure it’s ok and still has plenty of room, the walking the pool to check for any wall problems, I swear I’ve aged ten years!

Reactions: Pv2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.