Liner questions

Jul 12, 2015
midland tx
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So I got a above ground pool put in a few weeks ago. My yard is super unlevel so had it installed so it's perfectly level. They used sand in the bottom of the liner. So it's been about a month now and I noticed some areas you can feel like where there was a tiny rock or some areas you can feel like a like divet like a golf ball size or maybe just big enough for your big toe. Is this all normal. I'm assuming the liners are tough and built to handle all this. My installer said they are good for years.i figured I would ask you guys. I attached 2 pics when they did liner and one of the pool tonight. We are loving pool and kids use it everyday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714-215355_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-215355_Gallery.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210714-215416_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-215416_Gallery.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210714-215524_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-215524_Gallery.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 22
you can get a vinyl patch kit anywhere or even use flex tape. goggles/mask can be pretty helpful too. if they are small I wouldn't even keep the patch kit around, get one fresh if/when you need it. the glue can go hard on you after a while. there are peel off patches (sort of like a bumper sticker) too, but they are harder to stick down and don't last as long. but they work in a pinch. best patch technique is a double layer. smaller patch over the hole, then a slightly bigger patch over that.

Reactions: brandon32689
The rock is def just a pebble but you can feel it. There is 2 small divets but rest of pool seems fine. Ita def not stopped us from swimming. I am just super ocd. I'm just happy it's super level.

Two small divots? Ha! Mine has developed dozens over three seasons, likely from kids playing rough and striking the bottom with their heal. The bottom looks like the surface of the moon at night with the pool light on and it was perfect smooth when new. They used 6 tons of sand, was barely enough IMO and just leveled it off very quickly with a light weight vibrating screed but did not actually compact it. I think it should have had a plate compactor run over it, but what do I know this was my first real pool. Mine got so bad the cheap included manual vac would get suction stuck to the raised area around a dent and I would have to run turn the pump off to get it free! A new vac with a different configuration of brushes solved that issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.