Liner Question

JC1256

Bronze Supporter
Jun 4, 2020
Jersey Shore
Hi all - question about liners. So currently I’m having a brand new inground pool put in my yard and all the inspections just finished today and they told me to fill the pool with water which just finished. It’s just about half way to the skimmer. I went down in the hole and I noticed the liner is curved and not flush near the steps. Will that tuck in more when the water has been in there? I’m just worried next year we open and someone steps in on it because it has some give. Here are some pics. Thank you94C398FA-9982-41FE-8DE1-839D49187F4E.jpeg

Attachments

• 0EA1F2CC-72F4-4071-8596-8736255AEA08.jpeg
    0EA1F2CC-72F4-4071-8596-8736255AEA08.jpeg
    708.3 KB · Views: 26
  • C595A73E-74F9-4FF5-AA06-7F0468280972.jpeg
    C595A73E-74F9-4FF5-AA06-7F0468280972.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 27
Not uncommon by steps but then again it's all in the measurements. Why the bag of salt there. Not sure thats a good thing.
I feel that someone could step on that part of the liner and tear it. Probably something I should bring up? They had a couple bags of salt near steps and two on the cove. I only had the pool filled up maybe 20% so they mentioned to keep the liner down until we filled it up.

JC, I have the same concern. Read this thread to give you some guidance.

JC, I have the same concern. Read this thread to give you some guidance.
Thanks for sharing! It seems if I have a small curvature it will smooth out. I’ll wait a few days and check. They are going to backfill next week.

I'm pretty much in the same stage as you. I have the same thing by my steps but they had 3 vacuums going at the same time while filling up the 20% and they also have weight around by the steps and bench. It went down button can still see some wrinkles by steps with no water.
They'll be back on Monday. Will see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201127-054839_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201127-054839_Gallery.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 19
This is not ideal weather for a liner install. I can see the liner seam clearly amd it's out from the bottom edge. The bags are fine that's normal and good practice with lined over stairs amd benches. You have to take time in the cold and restretch the liner multiple times with vacuums on and off to get it wide enough. It will get tighter but the seam isnt far enough over. Probably more of a summer cut liner, they are tighter by a little

This is not ideal weather for a liner install. I can see the liner seam clearly amd it's out from the bottom edge. The bags are fine that's normal and good practice with lined over stairs amd benches. You have to take time in the cold and restretch the liner multiple times with vacuums on and off to get it wide enough. It will get tighter but the seam isnt far enough over. Probably more of a summer cut liner, they are tighter by a little
Thanks for the advice! I should get them out before we backfill I assume to correct this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.