amymeme

Jun 10, 2008
Finger Lakes, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Inground, very old pool with new liner. They replaced some of the liner lock but not all as most in good condition. The pool is oval steel wall that has a few places that has bulged a bit but stable over the years. The liner lock stayed nicely in place all summer but with the recent cold snap, one short piece ( incidentally a new piece with new track) popped out. This is on the curved part of the oval. I'm worried about the winter, under the cover and the potential for the liner to fall out. I will be leaving the pool full of water as we have a very high seasonal water table but I'm wondering if there's some sort of shim I can add to the track to help hold the liner lock in place - tooth pick? Penny/dime? Thin rend of a shim?

if there's some sort of shim I can add to the track to help hold the liner lock in place
A second piece of liner lock. It's tapered so 2 of them half in might be more than 1 fully inserted. Or one 3/4 and the other half.

My lazy liner people hit the top of the liner track with a hammer every 6 inches to pinch it, when it was still loose after liner lock. It looks like the wake up bumps on the side of a road. 🤦‍♂️

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.