Liner leak and dirty floor

I’ve been finding an unusually large amount of debris on the bottom of the pool which requires vacuuming 2-3 times a day. The debris looks like dirt, as if someone is throwing a handful of dirt into the pool and it settles at the bottom. I’m also pretty sure I have a leak, but I can’t find out where.
Is it possible that the leak is in one of the seams on the bottom and sand or dirt is getting in as water is leaking out?
Thanks in advance.
24’ above ground pool with vinyl liner.

If you have a leak you should be seeing water or feeling water around the edge of the pool... if there is a hole the water will go out, dirt will not come in... There is thousands of pounds of pressure on the bottom of your pool.. 120,000 pounds of weight pressing on the liner.. has there been any wind or other storms? smoke? kids? when you vacuum does it come back into the pool?

If you have a leak you should be seeing water or feeling water around the edge of the pool... if there is a hole the water will go out, dirt will not come in... There is thousands of pounds of pressure on the bottom of your pool.. 120,000 pounds of weight pressing on the liner.. has there been any wind or other storms? smoke? kids? when you vacuum does it come back into the pool?
I definitely see wetness outside the pool even in dry conditions. There has to be a leak. Another weird thing is that it stops leaking at some point, which would suggest a leak higher up in the liner but I can’t see any tears. And the wetness I see outside the pool isn’t near the skimmer, so it can’t be leaking from there.

I don’t think wind is blowing stuff in. I never see debris on the surface that eventually settles. I don’t think when I vacuum the debris goes back into the pool. I use the filter/pump-based vacuum and an independent vacuum. With both vacuums I use skimmer socks to help trap smaller particles. Sometimes debris is visible soon after vacuuming and sometimes it takes many hours before I see significant debris.

I’m planning to replace the liner next spring if I can manage to locate one. I’m hoping this whole thing goes away at that point.

Leaks really are easy to find in pool liners... the water will always stop at the leak.. when the water stops going down your leak is at that line or just above the waterline... the problem with this is if the hole is half way down the side or in the bottom.. there goes most or all your water.... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.