Liner faded or ? What's up

May 19, 2013
East Granby CT
I've found this site,forum and members very helpful in past seasons to keep my pool in great shape. However this year it seems I just can't get the pool to look great. I'm wondering if my liner faded a bit? My numbers are good except I have high cholrine the last few days
Cl 5+
Ph 7.5
Ta 60
Cya 30(ish, I'm never confident I'm my testing)
Fc 7.3
Cc 1

Attachments

• KIMG0359.JPG
    KIMG0359.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 81
Welcome Back. I'm not sure how we can tell if your liner is faded. We dont have an original pic to start with . Is the sunny side lighter than the shaded side?
Based on your numbers, things look good except for the elevated CC. That could mean some organic stuff is in the water giving it some cloudyness. Are you getting brown or white sediment in the bottom daily? Have you done an overnight loss test? I'd say bring your FC to SLAM levels for a few days and see if that helps.

Last edited:
My liner has faded so much in the 6 years I've had it. I used to have little purple tiles on the bottom of mine which are now white. I've been thinking about a brand new liner for a couple weeks now.

Most liners will fade for above ground pools. Likely just the quality for some reason.

Eventually blue will be teal.

The bottom of my pool is more faded than any part of the wall. Almost like it was different material. Likely is cosmetic. If you complain the company will say it is from chlorine or ph. If you counter that with why the wall material is not affected by it, then you can watch them scratch their head as they do nothing.

I have the same liner as Casey. After 12 years the bottom is now white. Sides are faded too, not just as much. Still holds water.
Is it really white? I'm surprised mine has faded so much. The portofino liner is a very nice liner. I think I'm going to go tan this time.

Looks white, maybe light, light, light blue. I only have small areas that have color. Mostly wrinkles are where they are.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190702-094326.png
    Screenshot_20190702-094326.png
    947.1 KB · Views: 74
I took a pic of mine. It's not as faded as yours.

Attachments

• 20190702_125746.jpg
    20190702_125746.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 50

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That was like 3-4 years ago. Circled where I laid a puck on the bottom in the beginning to combat algae under the steps.
Hi
I was looking at your post about your liner fading. I ended up putting shock and it hit my liner. It faded as well.

I noticed yours blended in. Would the light part fade eventually?

Attachments

• 4001D74B-BBE9-4E12-9056-DCC224EA23EF.jpeg
    4001D74B-BBE9-4E12-9056-DCC224EA23EF.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 30
Eventually it will all fade out. It started fading at the spots where I used to pour in the weekly shock. Same spots spread out as I walked around. I thought it all dissolved back then, but now I know I needed to brush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.