Lily Chillers

nlindelldc

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
I did a search and only found someone selling some on here. I am on a mission to cool my pool this Summer, just installed a Pool Chiller with moderate results. I've been looking into adding a shade sail over the pool and they are wildly expensive as you can imagine. I came across a commercial for Lily Chillers pool floats but I cannot find any real world reviews or honest opinions. They said I'd need 27 of them which comes out to almost $700, not terrible but only if they work. What say you all? I also just saw that they have a 30 day money back guarantee but still skeptical

not terrible but only if they work. What say you all?
I bet they work great to their ability and depend heavily on the weather just like a solar cover.

If it's 112 and your pool is *only* 100, it probably won't be much consolation similar to when it was 60 degrees by me and the pool was an unnatural 66 with the solar cover. Yes it worked, but it performed no miracles.

If the average temps are just above where you feel the pool is too hot, the lily chillers will likely make that difference.

Reactions: kul
I bet they work great to their ability and depend heavily on the weather just like a solar cover.

If it's 112 and your pool is *only* 100, it probably won't be much consolation similar to when it was 60 degrees by me and the pool was an unnatural 66 with the solar cover. Yes it worked, but it performed no miracles.

If the average temps are just above where you feel the pool is too hot, the lily chillers will likely make that difference.
I appreciate the input. I'm a bit confused about it because we have a pool cover that floats on the pool that we have used to heat the pool up in winter, works pretty well. I'm struggling to see how these, that also float on the water, cool the pool down

What type of chiller did you install? My Glacier cooler has been working really well the past week. I would focus on getting the chiller to work better.
I installed a Glacier. I've dialed it in and it runs 3 am to 8 pm. Dropped the pool from 92 ish to 87ish. But it's very hot and humid where I live, temps in the mid 90's and heat index hovering around 110. Brutal

I'm struggling to see how these, that also float on the water, cool the pool down
They don't cool the pool, that would require energy. They help stop it from warming it up by blocking most the sunlight on the pool. It probably has a couple week window that the weather is just right for it to be appreciated, before it's either too hot to care anymore, or too cool to be needed.

You may wish to consider running the chiller from a few hours after sunset until just before sunrise.
The chiller might work best when the outdoor temps drop when it's dark out.

You may wish to consider running the chiller from a few hours after sunset until just before sunrise.
The chiller might work best when the outdoor temps drop when it's dark out.
I've tried that too but it didn't help much at all, if any. I think the issue is that it's so humid where I live that the dewpoint is higher at night, so I'm not seeing the drop that you would think

Typically, I just maintain the temperature everyday. When I went on vacation in July for 9 days, the pool temp got up to 91. To get it back down to 84-85, I had to run it for at least 24 hours straight. After that, I could run it for about 5 hours a day. Now, I'm down to 3 hours a day with a current temp of 83.

Try to run the cooler for about 48 hours straight. After that you might be able to maintain it everyday by running it 5-6 hours. It doesn't really lower the temp in the heat of the day, but keeps the temperature from increasing during that time.

The outside temp was 110 here yesterday. Our humidity has been lower recently.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.