Parker/CO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-35
Has anyone seen a commercially available portable diving platform? Likely hollow, lightweight, and made of something strong, like fiberglas? Here, I've mocked one up which would extend over the coping for stability and support. The concept would include an inset handle on each side so two people could lift and carry it fairly easily. Dimensions would be approximately 30" x 30" x 30".

Perhaps I could even create a CAD model for a fabrication shop to create a mold and build it. I don't know about strength and stability of it. It would likely have to fit the dimension of my coping pretty tightly to avoid any instability.

Attachments

• diving platform1.jpg
    diving platform1.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 24
Does your pool meet ANSI/APSP/ICC-5 2011 Standard for Residential In-Ground Swimming Pools?

The minimum requirements the pool must be a minimum of 16ft wide and 32ft long and have at least an 8 ft hopper. The hopper is the area in the deep end which the water is deeper.

Last edited:
The real ones are $3k + and all get firmly bolted to the deck, for good reason.

Perhaps not super obvious from the photo, we have limited deck area around the indoor pool. I'd have to move the solar cover and reel to place the fiberglas diving platform. And walking area behind the platform would be pretty minimal.

The real ones are $3k + and all get firmly bolted to the deck, for good reason.
Right--my son is on the swim team and he uses those platforms. Yet race-quality commercial applications differ from humble residential ones. Just looking to practice his race starts in our own pool. It's difficult to have to get to the nearest facility, and beg for permission to use a lane platform outside of competitions and team practices.

Yet race-quality commercial applications differ from humble residential ones. Just looking to practice his race starts in our own pool.
I get it. I do. But how will you feel about a leg that's spiral fractured when the movable base pushes back ? Or he face plants into the pool and the base topples in on him.

The Convience is not worth the trade off in safety, before we even discuss if your pool is deep enough.

Reactions: Leebo
They don't list prices on their website, but this would probably be close to what you are looking for. Competitive Swimming Training | PowerStarts
I don't know if it would fit your limited space, but anything that doesn't bolt down is going to have to have an extended base to counter the weight of the swimmer, and it is strongly recommended the pool be at least 9 feet deep.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They don't list prices on their website, but this would probably be close to what you are looking for. Competitive Swimming Training | PowerStarts
I don't know if it would fit your limited space, but anything that doesn't bolt down is going to have to have an extended base to counter the weight of the swimmer, and it is strongly recommended the pool be at least 9 feet deep.
Yes! This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks @zea3 . No pricing on their website...perhaps I'll be in for a shock, we'll see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.