Brighton Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We have a 120v underwater pool light, with a toggle switch at the pool pad. The pad is around the corner of the house from the pool, so I'd like to replace it with a remote or smart switch for convenience. The switch is inside an outdoor gang box, but I'm concerned about a wireless remote or smart switch being robust enough for the outdoor use. Does anybody have recommendations for this?
Thanks, Hal

We have a 120v underwater pool light, with a toggle switch at the pool pad. The pad is around the corner of the house from the pool, so I'd like to replace it with a remote or smart switch for convenience. The switch is inside an outdoor gang box, but I'm concerned about a wireless remote or smart switch being robust enough for the outdoor use. Does anybody have recommendations for this?
Thanks, Hal
I have smart outlets that are connected to floods on the back of the house that have been up there for 4 years and are still going strong. They are just under the Eve with a standard in-use weatherproof cover. I honestly thought I’d have to replace them every few years, but not so far…

I've used a few different brands of smart switches and bulbs. I like Kasa TP-Link products the best. I use one for my pool lights installed in a metal load center. I have at least 20 different Kasa switches and bulbs installed in and around the house. I have one installed at least 150' from the house in a plastic switch box mounted to an exterior shed wall (still working after four years). None have ever lost connection. They continue to work via LAN if you happen to lose your internet connection. The app is user-friendly and intuitive and they integrate well with Alexa and Google Home. They've been around awhile and are easy to find on Amazon.

Like most WiFi switches, they are not "rated" for outdoor use. You'll want a fully enclosed outdoor gang box cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.