bkaiser

Aug 27, 2020
san antonio TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m seeking advice on some light green stains around my return jets. Nothing major, this was the first year we covered our pool in the off season and I wasn’t as diligent about checking the water condition. The water was always clear but I wasn’t adding algaecide or phosphate removers for 3-4 months. When we reopened the pool I noticed some light green stains on the bottom half of our two return jets that even after brushing and shocking have not come out. Our quartz plaster is about a year old, all levels are within spec in pool. I have added phosphate remover now, but I’ve never treated the pool with algaecide in the two years we’ve had it. Quality of water has always been great, this is the first small issue I’ve had. We have a robot vac we also run twice a day. Any advice? Thanks.

How are you chlorinating?

Phosphate removers are largely unnecessary. You need to test for them with a K1106 kit before wasting time and money on removing them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.