Light niche screw not catching

DOMO

Bronze Supporter
Mar 13, 2013
Rowley, MA
Hi. Our pool light stopped working so I removed it to ensure everything is fine, which it is, so jt must be a bad LED bulb. When I go to screw the light back in, the screw won’t catch to the niche housing (the threads appear to be fine) and the screw just slides in and out as if the housing is stripped but it’s not even close, so not sure how it could’ve stripped out so bad when it had been just fine. When I look online at replacement screws, there appears to be a rubber gasket on some, but I don’t understand how that would get the screw to catch. Anyone have thoughts on what happened and more importantly, how I fix this? Thanks in advance!

Connecting the light screw is often a challenge if the fixture is not seated perfectly.

Drive to True Value and get a 10/24 x 2" brass screw. Make sure you replace it with a longer brass screw.

From...

The o-ring is important to prevent excess water leakage into the niche or housing.

Thanks for the reply. The light is seated properly, with the cable neatly tucked in. I did see that article, however, I’m curious how a longer screw will hold the light in place since the screw is passing through the tab in the niche housing without catching the threads, so it seems to me that a longer screw will have the same issue, right? Thanks.

Is there a problem with the threads in the screw hole? Can you thread the screw into the hole without the light?

I can not thread it into the hole without the light in place, the screw slides through. That said, I don’t understand how it could have so quickly stripped out as it was being held fine before I unscrewed it today. So it does seem as though the problem is with the threaded female hole in the housing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.