Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The plumbers put the pipes in for the lights in the pool today and the one on the deep end is atleast 15 inches higher than the one on the shallow end. It looks to me like it will be about 13 inches below the surface of the water. I'm feeling like I should make them lower the deep end one to match the same depth as the shallow end one. Or am I just being OCD?

20210823_201809Inked2.jpg

In the contract it also states that the return line would be looped to balance pressure but the plumbers didnt make it a complete loop. Should I also push them to make the returns a complete loop around the pool like the red line in the pic below? Also thinking about having them add a 5th return to the pool at the purple dot to get better circulation in that corner.

20210823_115113.jpg

Ask them what the reason for keeping the deepen light so high? So the imperfections on the floor plaster will not show is my guess. Or so the light reflection is even there too. Or maybe it will look even when full of water. I'd close that loop or ad a new jet, but both I'm not sure. I bet there are a lot of reasons why you could open or close your return. Have then give you a good reason to keep what you got, if you dont like it close the loop ad a new jet and put diiferent sized jet heats in the back. Smaller up front and larger in the back, adjust as needed later.

Ask them what the reason for keeping the deepen light so high? So the imperfections on the floor plaster will not show is my guess. Or so the light reflection is even there too. Or maybe it will look even when full of water. I'd close that loop or ad a new jet, but both I'm not sure. I bet there are a lot of reasons why you could open or close your return. Have then give you a good reason to keep what you got, if you dont like it close the loop ad a new jet and put diiferent sized jet heats in the back. Smaller up front and larger in the back, adjust as needed later.
I'll ask if there is a reason its higher on the deep end tomorrow. I'm willing to bet the plumber just didnt want to dig the wall out some to make the electrical pipes fit down low. Its hard to tell from the pic but its basically laying on the rock on the tanning ledge and to lower it they would have to dig the dirt out some which will be tougher with the rebar already in place.

The plumbers put the pipes in for the lights in the pool today and the one on the deep end is atleast 15 inches higher than the one on the shallow end. It looks to me like it will be about 13 inches below the surface of the water. I'm feeling like I should make them lower the deep end one to match the same depth as the shallow end one. Or am I just being OCD?

View attachment 366894

In the contract it also states that the return line would be looped to balance pressure but the plumbers didnt make it a complete loop. Should I also push them to make the returns a complete loop around the pool like the red line in the pic below? Also thinking about having them add a 5th return to the pool at the purple dot to get better circulation in that corner.

View attachment 366898
I would also check how many lights you have... pentair has a formula that say 4lumens per sqft of pool area. So if you have a 500 sqft pool then you need 2000luments. Each micro brite is 500 lumens for the color ones... so only two might be a enough only for a fairly small pool. Trust me you don't want to figure out you have too few after the gunite goes in :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.