Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My 4 1/2 yr old LifeSmart spa has a turbo/whirlpool jet which has a “stainless” ring. Due to some instances of low cya & elevated fc I presume, it started developing rust spots & discoloration.
9BFAD8E5-0224-4E3F-842B-77B9671A8EB8.jpeg
I was able to clean it at first but it became apparent there was rust coming from the backside of the ring (you can see where the rusty water got on the counter 😬)
so I contacted the LifeSmart customer service line which actually turned out to be Watkins Wellness & the helpful lady there said the whole jet assembly had to be replaced & the ring didn’t come apart nor could it be purchased separately. This made sense because I had gently tried to remove it like other jets with no luck & I worried I might damage it if I was more forceful. This ring turns to open & close the jet so turning it to remove it was not doing the trick.
99106D30-6ED8-4986-8D26-016887D52C87.png
So I decided to order it so I could attempt to replace it upon my upcoming purge/drain. It came yesterday & while playing with it I found, to my surprise, the part inside the spa with the trim ring does just come out, it’s just a pressure fit piece.
B9785B92-E18F-42F4-99BD-BCAE9AC478F3.jpeg989AFD86-B863-4B6D-8E39-454556697709.jpeg
This meant I didn’t have to tear apart the plumbing - which I wasn’t looking forward to.
Yay!
So armed with my new knowledge I grabbed my best butter knife & headed out side to carefully pry the thing out. In two seconds it was out & the new one was in!
87FD869B-8411-4DBF-9CB4-F3177FA2B77F.jpeg Much better!
I now have a spare jet assembly in the she shed that I will hopefully never need.
Hopefully this helps someone with one of these plug & play spas. Like @argiopeweb

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
Super glad there wasn't another zero on the replacement cost. PHEW. The new SWG budget doesn't need to be raided again.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Also, this kinda stiff is *exactly* how we all learn making the collective hive even smarter.

WELL done and THANKS. :hug:

The thought of removing the entire jet assembly was scary - very glad I didn’t have to go there!
*PSA Folks- cya is important in a covered tub!! Don’t ignore it!
Mine decreases fairly quickly (because I keep my temp @ 104) & must be replenished a little every week or so.

Reactions: Newdude
I know Watkins is the manufacturer for Hot Springs Spas along with a few others. Hor Springs used to have a somewhat proprietary back jet so I don't know if all their jets were proprietary as well. But what I have found is most manufacturers use Waterway jets and they are usually readily available. Sometimes they are a pain to remove but they will unlock once you go past a "stop". I have to say Waterway was great to deal with in the past. If you do have Waterway jets they would be a great resource in the future.

This turbo/whirlpool jet is only available directly from aquaterra -
All the other jets aren’t adjustable at all
The exact replacements are no longer available but she said the free flow minis would fit- they are removed with a 7/16 allen & are available at several places online
She gave me every part# for my spa which was really helpful
CB24546A-A1D7-44D3-BAF9-CBAE6F00E274.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.