Life with a Hayward SuperPump VS (and troubleshooting the Er64)

One reason I decided to replace my VS with an identical new one was the Amazon price dropped massively from around $800 to under $400 at the time. And now I have the time to mess around with the broken one. Also, the electric company is giving $200 rebates for them. So, hard to pass up that deal. (not sure yet if there is a federal tax credit for 2016)

I really don't like that 2 of these have failed on me in 2 years. But flood water could have been the reason in both cases.

I can't answer with anything official. But in my case, they just wanted the serial number and said it was warrantied. There was some confusion on their end about who would do the service and how it would happen. Eventually they sent out a maintenance guy from Anthony and Sylvan pools way out in the next county over, and he swapped the motor & controller assembly with a replacement while leaving the pump section in place. In fact, for some reason they insisted I leave the broken pump connected until they showed up, which was about a week after I called. That was a real PITA, as I had a backup non-VSP Hayward motor ready to go. The pump section is identical forward of the impeller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.