Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have the Hayward ColorLogic LED (ver 2.5) and was curious as to what I might expect life expectancy wise. As far as I know, it's the same bulb/fixture as when the pool was installed back in the day. I would *like* to leave it on during night time, but not sure if cycling it causes it to "wear faster" as opposed to leaving it on all the time. What do others do?

Heat is the enemy of LED bulbs. The LEDs last forever but the electronic drivers is what usually fails. And the electronics in pool lights is a confined space with no air flow and poor cooling.

Incandescent pool lights would use the water to shed their heat through the lens of the bulb. However the LED light electronics are in the back of the light and does not have good thermal contact with the water to shed heat.

If you want a long life to the light I would not run them longer then necessary.

Reactions: HeyEng
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.