Levelling a patio

bjaspan

Mar 12, 2021
Boston, MA
Our patio, which is the flattest part of our property, slopes about 1.5" over 12'. I've read here that Easy Set pools definitely cannot tolerate even that much slope and the metal frame pools maybe can, maybe can't. What are the recommended ways to make that level enough for a pool in a non-destructive way?

My idea so far: Layered sheets of 1/4" plywood. For a 12' pool, perhaps I'd have 0 sheets at one edge, 1 sheet at 2', 2 sheets at 4', 3 sheets at 6', etc. I could sand the edges so the were not complete stair-steps, and then turn the whole thing upside-down so the bottom sheet would provide a mostly-flat surface for the pool.

Other thoughts?

Can you post a pic pf the area in question? Does it have to go on the patio? I think I’d be inclined to dig up some ground if that’s an option, rather than trying to stack plywood (I’m having a hard time picturing what you mean).

If this will be a small pool 1.5” is within safe parameters- i would suggest putting your skimmer/ intake on the low side as that will be the high side for your water line. You will definitely be able to tell as u fill if it’s too much of a slope. Do a search about plywood on here - I’ve seen someone dealing with this before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.