Leveling help

Tessarakt

Jul 2, 2022
Knoxville, TN
We are in the process of setting up a 22ft by 52 inch round Coleman pool. The floor is not level, however, the legs and top rail are just about there. We've still got some tweaking to do but they are all on their way. The floor is maybe 1-2 inches deeper on one side than the other. My gut feeling is that if the legs, top rail, wall etc are level it should be fine correct? We've stopped where we're at for now until we can be sure before going any further. We might have 3-4 inches of water in the pool and have stopped filling in case we have to do something major. Can anyone help? All attempts to search come up about leveling the legs and we've got that. It's the floor we're not sure about. Thank you to anyone that can help us!!

Hey there Jen....your post made me chuckle and reminded me of the joys of wallpaper. "Oh, it'll be easy they said" yeah. right.
Maybe this will be of help? ->> How to level above ground pool - Further Reading
Maybe, just maybe, this too? --> Pool Care Basics
Holler back with any specific questions.
Maddie :flower:
Yeah the legs etc are level, are pretty darn close, we still need to do some tweaking. It's the floor of the pool that's not level. It's close but not quite. Wondering if that's ok? I think it is? But if anyone knows, we don't want to continue if it's not.

some spots on the floor not level are no big deal, but a pool that size with half unlevel? I would worry about wave action on one side possible damaging the wall or legs. these things can take a lot of movement and roughhousing but I would be nervous of 2 large areas being different elevations. water flows downhill so...

possibly some engineering type that understands the physics of water would know.

some spots on the floor not level are no big deal, but a pool that size with half unlevel? I would worry about wave action on one side possible damaging the wall or legs. these things can take a lot of movement and roughhousing but I would be nervous of 2 large areas being different elevations. water flows downhill so...

possibly some engineering type that understands the physics of water would know.
Yeah if it were in the middle, being high or low, I wouldn't be worried but since it's to one side I'm hoping to find someone that knows for sure if it's ok. The legs and top rail are level and we're still tweaking them, it's just the floor.

Yeah if it were in the middle, being high or low, I wouldn't be worried but since it's to one side I'm hoping to find someone that knows for sure if it's ok. The legs and top rail are level and we're still tweaking them, it's just the floor.
if the low spot is well away from the perimeter of the pool it is probably ok, but if it is near where the legs sit on the ground, it may pull on the top rail and try to "sink" the legs while also trying to "pour" down in that same direction. if you go ahead, make sure you have thick pavers under the feet on that side. (ideally all the way around, but some of us have pretty hard dirt and the plastic feet on the round pools can actually work. :wink: )

if the low spot is well away from the perimeter of the pool it is probably ok, but if it is near where the legs sit on the ground, it may pull on the top rail and try to "sink" the legs while also trying to "pour" down in that same direction. if you go ahead, make sure you have thick pavers under the feet on that side. (ideally all the way around, but some of us have pretty hard dirt and the plastic feet on the round pools can actually work. :wink: )
We have pavers all the way around. Still getting them set and buried good.

Level is from the floor/ground to top rail. Legs don't tell you level, as they can just move up or down to match top rail or bottom floor. They would only be considered level if all had the same level at their base and at their top, which is the same as having a level floor, then a level top post/rail. In a nutshell, whatever level you are out from the floor to top rail, that's how much your pool will be out of level to water level, which if out of tolerance for pool will cause the deepest end to bulge outward under water seeking to level the structure with it. You seem to be asking how much of that floor and where can be out of bounds to all other being level. Same thing. Whatever amount out is going to a side wall.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.