Leveling for AGP

RodRamos

In The Industry
Jul 24, 2019
Trinity, Florida
So it's that time, were finally upgrading to an 18' round AGP. I want to do things right as this pool will be expected to last several seasons. I'm staring with leveling the ground, then will add a crushed limestone base, gorilla pad and then liner. That being said, since the pool is 18' should I make the crushed limestone base 20' to allow a foot of extra space on each side? 22ft? The pool were installing is the hard sided type. How much extra should I make the base?

Thanks.

I am with zea with the 2' larger. You can make it pretty to! Show us the area the pool is going in and we can help you pretty it up. The very least you should do is put down bigger rocks with stepping stones evenly spaced around it so you can stand on them if you need to brush or vacuum from outside the pool (barefoot that is). You will NEED some kind of border to keep it in and the grass and such out.

Kim:kim:

I plan on leaving some space around the pool to walk on etc. I was actually planning on adding a 1' ring around it with decorative rocks and plants. My question is do I need the extra space to be part of the leveling/limestone process.

It’s high, but given that it is 5 billion degrees outside, I would probably pay it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.