leveling 15+ inch depth for intex AG pool

h0va4life

Jul 23, 2020
Atlanta, GA
I have the intex pool (12x24) - anybody share their experience knocking out 12+inch depth to level the ground? I'd prefer not having big machinery as that adds cost and I was hoping to keep installation costs at a minimum. I do have a ryobi tiller/cultivator, maybe that'll make it easier?

The spot I chose is closer to the back of the yard since I don't want a huge pool taking up the middle.

Do you have a plan on where you will put the dirt you dig out? Once you get that covered then make sure you are good friends with a big shovel and wheelbarrow. It can be done but it will take a while and many adult drinks to get through. The tiller will help break up the top part of the dirt but once you get close to the finial bottom you will need to only use the shovel so the pool will be sitting on solid dirt.

This is a case of do you want to work with your wallet or your body.

Reactions: h0va4life
Do you have a plan on where you will put the dirt you dig out? Once you get that covered then make sure you are good friends with a big shovel and wheelbarrow. It can be done but it will take a while and many adult drinks to get through. The tiller will help break up the top part of the dirt but once you get close to the finial bottom you will need to only use the shovel so the pool will be sitting on solid dirt.

This is a case of do you want to work with your wallet or your body.

I initially thinking of a few areas in my backyard i could put the dirt, but after doing the calculation, THAT IS A LOT OF DIRT - even if I do a better calculation and say maybe the average depth through the run is closer to 6-8 inches, and not assuming 15" throughout. 8-10 cubic yards of dirt to hide is no joke.

If I contract it out - maybe I'll have them put it in an area of my yard with good sun exposure so itll dryout and i'll manually handle it once all the water is out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.