Leveled ground?

rubsal70

Jun 8, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Hey guys,
I am putting my pool back up and the ground was semi level from last year. I finished cleaning and raking and leveling. I don't know if I did it right so here some photos and hopefully y'all can let me know. So for the most part it's level like the photo shows with the leveler.

Attachments

• IMG_20210621_210427.jpg
    IMG_20210621_210427.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210621_210508.jpg
    IMG_20210621_210508.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210621_210549.jpg
    IMG_20210621_210549.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 24
That looks like a 4ft level on that 2 x 4. It's a bit out of level already, and if you were to extend that from one end to the other end of the pool circle, I suspect it will be even more out-of-level. I think it needs a bit more leveling. Nothing worse than getting that pool up and seeing the waterline crooked. You might try attaching more than one 2 x 4 together to make a longer board to level. Something else you can do is place the pavers around the perimeter that will support the pool legs and that might help you get a better level to each paver.

As Texas said you aren't very level on 8ft let alone 16ft. Take it from one who spent a lot of time levelling and then said "Good Enough" just to go back and rethink it and fix it later because I was in a rush to get the pool up. Extra time spent now will save you headache and second guessing later, trust me ;-)

Also what is an easier way to take dirt with out taking to much. I have a hard time doing it with a shovel.
Oh, been there. But without heavy equipment, typically doing the best you can with a hard garden rake. Once you have it close, perhaps adding some loose soil/sand to help you spread it around for a final level base. hen you can cover that with a tarp or insulation pads. The support post pavers are really important though since they determine the overall level and stability, so you want those pavers very level next to each other and across from each other.

Reactions: Rcouch and rubsal70
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.