Let's Talk Spa Covers

Nov 30, 2016
Altadena, CA
I'm due to buy one soon.

I have a Sunstar cover, 54x85 with 7.5 rounded corners. It came with the tub, a small Marquis Spirit.

We got it eons ago -- 1998 -- and only recently has it shown signs of wear. (There was water inside after the last big rain, the top has some minor holes, and some of the skirts are stiff.) That despite not doing much to maintain it for years.

I'm looking at Sunstar agan, but I'm guessing they're very expensive and I know they're available only from dealers.

I looked online, but there are seemingly dozens of distributors pitching who-knows-what quality, and it's difficult to know who's product is actually being sold.

The one I think may be okay is BeyondNice. (beyondnice.com) They claim to manufacture the own covers. The order page ask lots of questions (I think that's a good thing). Most of the reviews seem legit and lost are positive. But they're 3000 miles away...

I'm hoping for help, ideas, and suggestions.

--Steve

Welcome to TFP!

I agree with the Mods over there that drive by negative posts by a single post reviewer are not all that meaningful. It is against the forum rules to do that here and we delete them.

Let's hope you get some more and better info to add to what twodogs says.

I've boiled it down to three covers: Sunstar (if I can find a close-by dealer; so far, not), Core Covers (I think that's who I think RH Tubs and definitely Costco use; they also sell through Amazon), or Spacovers.com (Riverside, CA), the company my spa repair guy is pitching.

I'm armed with lots of specs that I need to look for as I shop, even if I don't understand them all.

Stevebass,

I have a 2006 Marquis spa "the Quest" (340 gallon) that I have replaced the top twice. My last one was purchased almost exactly 4 years ago from "Hottubworks.com. They custom make covers and will ensure that it fits like a glove. I purchased mine with the 2lb foam and the sky blue color. This spa is outside, in the full Florida sun, and running 24/7. Yes it is a bit faded now, but the only real wear on it is where I shot the edge accidently with a pellet gun.

I am not sure if their prices are competitive with the places you listed above, but I am sure that their quality is superb.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.