Let it rain….

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
So i started a slam 5 days ago. We had a DELUGE for two straight days. I “thought” we were done with the slam but I was checking it a little bit longer.

Anyway, we had to drain the pool TWICE. I was not able to check obviously for 2 days. Now I have started up again and wow. Just wow. The FC was at 7. Bumped it up . Checked it 3 hours later and it’s 8. (Supposed to be 10)

SO i guess my question is, is this FC loss from natural conditions or has something come into the water again bc right before the deluge, the FC was holding but for 1 ppm but i am of the paranoid sort…..I hate slamming. I always do something wrong or natural disaster comes calling. Or is it safe to say the algae isnt’ gone. The SWG is off.

Stick with it. FC loss could be from the stuff already in the water, or storms could have introduced additional products resulting a heavy FC consumption draw. Maintain the proper FC level as best as you can between downpours. Not much else you can do but be patient.

It your pump wasn't running, then you probably just had a layer of fresh rain water sitting on top. After such a big rain fall it is important to run your pump long enough before you can get reliable test result.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.