Leslie’s water testing vs mine

Still new at this but not sure what to think. Took my water to Leslie’s today and got a report saying eberything is within the recommended parameters. When i ran my own test a few hours
later the numbers were much
different...still not terrible, but different. See below and any thoughts are
appreciated.

Leslies-
FC- 4
PH-7.6
TA- 110
CH- 230
CYA- 70
Salt- 3200

My test results-
FC- 8.5
CC- .5
PH- 7.6
TA- 80
CH- 340
CYA- 60
salt- 3600

We have a very simple rule here: Pool store testing is not to be trusted. And while this isn't as crazy as some we have seen (someone yesterday was told she had a CYA level of 100 when she was reading 20 on her TF-100, she was all set to start draining water over it) it could still cause trouble. They were off by half on your FC and 30 TA is pretty significant.

After 9 years on this site I know enough to know I would always trust your numbers as a complete n00b over a pool store's any day. You should trust yourself as well.

Ditto up there.

My dad took water to pinch a penny. He came home with a boat load of "stuff". I took my TFP test kit over. The only issue was high CYA. Did water exchange. Everything's fine. The issue I have seen is the personnel don't understand what they're doing. They count drops (I've seen them count incorrectly), the punch them in to their system and it prints out what you "need".

I took tap water in once to "stump the chump" and the kid said my Chlorine was high.

I took tap water in once to "stump the chump" and the kid said my Chlorine was high.
When I'm really bored I'll fill up a few bottles and visit a few stores. Interesting to compare them and how far apard they can be.

When they make a recommendation I don't argue, I just say "Great, I have some of that you sold me last time"

We have a very simple rule here: Pool store testing is not to be trusted. And while this isn't as crazy as some we have seen (someone yesterday was told she had a CYA level of 100 when she was reading 20 on her TF-100, she was all set to start draining water over it) it could still cause trouble. They were off by half on your FC and 30 TA is pretty significant.

After 9 years on this site I know enough to know I would always trust your numbers as a complete n00b over a pool store's any day. You should trust yourself as well.
This is correct information.
I learned this the hard way until I bought my Taylor test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.