Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
After using different types of bleach, I’ve found that Leslie’s 12.5% works best for me and the price isn’t horrible especially considering the convenience of using 12.5% v 10% or less.

I ran in to grab a case and decided to let them test my water. I figured it could also help me confirm if I’m reading things right (pH color, CYA dot, etc).

I noticed they use mainly the same testing equipment we do. Sure enough, my numbers were all good and he really didn’t suggest anything (though he gave me the printed results and there were two products listed - muriatic acid and something I’d never use).

B76C40BC-49F1-448C-BA65-1CCAFE289A67.jpeg

I agree with Katodude. I remember when I first got my TFT test kit. I was nervous that my numbers could be off and like you, I had Leslie's test my water. Yes, they may use the same reagents that we do, but their inaccuracy is amazing. I counted the drops along with the guy who was testing my water, and he was way off. The only thing I buy at Leslie's is salt or CL.
Look at numbers 1-3 of their printout under their maintenance program. Your much better off trusting yourself.

Reactions: Sotex
What do you show your TA as? They have reduced the number they came up with to "account" for CYA in the water.

When I had a slow weekend I was known to take the same water sample to multiple stores......

Reactions: Sotex
Leslies in Houston just raised their price for 12.5% chlorine to $20 from $17 for a box of four gallons. No longer a good deal. I now have no reason to ever visit a Leslies.

Leslies in Houston just raised their price for 12.5% chlorine to $20 from $17 for a box of four gallons. No longer a good deal. I now have no reason to ever visit a Leslies.

That was an amazing price! I pay $22 here in San Antonio and it's one of the better deals. Home Depot and Lowe's only have 10% (I believe) and they store it outside. Our WalMart never has the good stuff in stock. I tried another local pool place and they charge $28 for a 4-pack of 12.5%! Makes Leslie's look like a steal.

If anyone else in San Antonio has a better source for LC, let me know!

Leslies pool testing will only confuse you. Their testing is inaccurate and make you doubt your own tests.

this. before i ordered my TF-100 and started doing my own testing, leslie's told me my TA was 20 and that i needed to add a ton of baking soda. my kit came in two days later, my actual TA was 70.

if i had listened to them, i would have sent my TA off the charts...which i guess is what they want, since i'd then have to come back to them to get more chemicals to fix the problem they created to begin with. the only thing i do at leslie's now is get acid. i have stopped using them for testing altogether, even just as "verification." they are too inconsistent to consider them a verification for anything.

Reactions: tim5055 and Sotex
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.