Ledge Loungers

AprilLynn09

Apr 9, 2020
Houston, Texas
Our PB is offering a pretty darn good deal on a ledge loungers, but they are still so expensive! Trying to decide. How comfortable are they? Do they lay back too far?

Any other alternatives? Our shelf is about 6.5 inches deep so I worry about some of the vinyl ones being too tall.

Is this a new pool? 6.5" is really shallow. My shelf is just under 14" which to me is perfect. Not sure any lounger will do you any good if the goal is to be partially in the water. Perhaps just get a foam mat?

I got the Swimways Riviera lounge, it's designed to either go on the deck or float in the pool, but there's sections you can drill out to sink them. As floting lounges they honestly seemed dangerous, though my 15 year old was sad when I drilled them out to sink them. He liked the challenge.

I think I got both for under $300, I want to say like $250, but it looks like they might not be manufactured anymore.

If you can find them, I highly recommend. They are super comfortable in or out of the water, the mesh feels nice, and they're just comfortable. Depending on how much of the air we push out when we sink them, they can still be a little buoyant on the ledge which helps keep your body from being buoyant, if that makes sense. The mesh helps hold you in the position you want as well, just enough friction.

I looked high and low for something, and just couldn't find anything, which is odd. I am completely against the price of the ledge lounger, it seems like a status thing and I'm just not going to play that game. They look amazing, but they're just not very practical for our purposes.

IMG_20191104_081018.jpg

We use these

Drilled a few holes in the rubber feet things so water could fill them up as well as one in the table for the umbrella. Going on season number 2 with zero issues.
62180638_925121564486254_36117367834542080_o.jpg

Reactions: chia9876
Our builder said he can get them for us at his cost (but he didnt know it off the top of his head). I assume that is what your builder is doing as well. What price did he give you?

Also, does anyone have experience with the chair style lounger or the table/umbrella holder? Those chairs look more comfortable than the lounger.

We went this route.

We went this route.

How do you like the chairs you got. Where did you purchase your chairs and for how much?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.