Sep 10, 2019
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We have a couple Ledge Loungers that sit on our sun shelf. Our shelf water depth is just on the edge of having to do the regular vs deep chairs. We opted to go with the regular so we would sit deeper in the water understanding that they may float a bit...and the foot rest end did by about 1".

Being the engineer that I am, I Amazoned some stainless steel shot bags used to weigh down wakeboard boats. I cut them open and funneled the shot into the chair and..PRESTO...no floating! Perfect until this winter....

A month ago I noticed the the backs of the chairs were bulging I'm the middle (see pics). They are now convex instead of slightly concave. The only thing I can think of is that there was a slight reaction between the water and steel that caused some off gassing which increased pressure inside.

I opened the plugs but there didnt appear to be much so I refilled w water and put them back in the water. The bulges stayed so its 'set' in place.

Has anyone else seen this and possibly have a solution? I am thinking that I need to drain water and use a heat gun.

Attachments

• 20200201_105754.jpg
    20200201_105754.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 63
I would really hesitate about trying to "fix" the bulge. My gut thinks it might be how your break metal...moving it back and forth enough it will break. Nothing to base it on so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

I am not sure what you mean by 'brake metal'. The chairs are plastic and somewhat flexible. They are hollow and normally filled with water only. I added some stainless steel BBs.

You know how you can break a piece of metal by bending in back and forth over and over? I worry that making that plastic move back into place will cause it to break over time due to it being weakened from the movement.

I had the same problem with 1 of my loungers we received as gifts. I contacted LL, and sent them the required pictures and 2 weeks later I had a brand new lounger free of charge. Great customer service.

I had the same problem with 1 of my loungers we received as gifts. I contacted LL, and sent them the required pictures and 2 weeks later I had a brand new lounger free of charge. Great customer service.
Good to know it is not the first time this has happened. Means I likely didnt cause it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.